Monday, November 3, 2014

The $4 Face Mask



When a bad skin day (or bad skin week in my case lately) comes around, sometimes a little extra treatment is needed. A deep cleansing mud mask is something I like to keep around for these times, but since I don't use them too often, I never want to splurge on a high-end brand.

Introducing Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque, which I found at HEB a while back, and remember being initially skeptical because of the ridiculously inexpensive price tag. I decided to purchase it because I decided that if I lost that $4, my life would still go on.

I brought this out from my cupboard after a while of not using it because I was desperately looking for something to clear up my bad skin crisis. Yes, crisis. After cleansing my face, I painted on the thick, mud-like consistency onto my skin with my fingers. You can instantly start to feel the mint like formula start to harden, which gives that you know it's working tingly feeling, which always makes me feel like it's working. 15 minutes later and with the help of a warm wash cloth, my skin felt smooth and clean.

The next morning, I woke up with my skin looking much better than the night before - pores smaller, skin firmer, and no new spots. If only all good things in life could only be $4....

No comments:

Post a Comment