Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Austin Fashion Week

I was absolutely ecstatic to have the opportunity to go to a runway show at Austin Fashion Week this year, which was from May 3rd-11th. I had never experienced something like this, so I went in not knowing what to expect. Since I love fashion, I thought this was the perfect stepping stone to helping me figure out exactly what I love about the fashion world, and it sure did open my eyes to a lot of new things.



Glamorous people, lavish decorations and designer heels were surrounding me at every corner as I walked in with my all black ensemble (you can never go wrong with black). A lit, all white runway took up half of the venue with perfectly aligned seats surrounding it.

First designer up was Isabella Rose Taylor, who is a young girl specializing in amazingly cute teen clothing. Her line was right on trend, and had a girly yet rock inspired vibe. Some aspects that I loved were her use of beanies and bright blue eyeshadow - which is everywhere this spring.

Here are a couple of my favorites looks from the collections.








Next up with Catherine Carter Hite, who showed off her line of elegant, 20s inspired gowns. The gowns were beautifully made, with floral, lace and embellished detailing. 





Next was Tropicouture, which portrayed exactly how the designer name sounds - tropical prints! This collection seemed mostly targeted towards mature ladies and was really summer-beach-getaway-esque.




Next was Libellule, who had such an eye-catching, elegant and bold line. It features rich, modern details on classic vintage silhouettes. The best part? The pieces are all environmentally friendly and manufactured in the United States. 








There ya have it! My first experience at both Austin Fashion Week and at a runway show. I had an amazing experience and can't wait for next year!



xo, 
Katie 




No comments:

Post a Comment