Thursday, May 30, 2013

Looking Forward to the Weekend

The weekdays are pretty quiet and relaxing here for me, and usually what I'm doing with my time is going to class early in the day and then going back to my room and hanging out. The weather hasn't been very good lately, and we can always expect random rain showers even if it looks sunny outside. There's always a raincloud that comes over us, usually when we're walking home...




It's actually raining outside right now as I'm typing this, and I am currently sitting at the University waiting for the rain to stop because I forgot my umbrella. Seriously, I don't remember the last time I had to use an umbrella in Texas! Here, it's definitely a necessity.

That being said, the past few days have been spent studying for my first French test and relaxing before this weekend. I'm really excited because tomorrow we are going to Mont St. Michel, which is about a 3 hour bus ride from Angers. We're leaving early at like 7:30 and then spending the day there! It's really neat that we are given the chance to go see other parts of France. Then on Saturday, a group of us are taking a day trip to Paris (when I say that to myself I can't even believe it... you know, just taking a casual day trip to Paris!) and we are taking a train early and then coming back late at night. Some things on my Must Do at Paris List: 1) Eiffel Tower - duh. 2) Notre Dame 3) The Louvre 4) Eat a croissant at a cafe 5) Go to a pharmacie so I can ooh and awe and the amount of luxurious beauty products that I can't read.


This picture is a group of us one night when we went out! You can see the tip of the Cathedral in the back which I thought was really neat. 


A picture of some of us when we went out to dance at an international students party. The bar was PACKED but we had a blast. Definitely one of the most fun nights I've had here so far, as you can tell by my facial expression...


A selfie of me walking home in the rain at a lovely angle seemed necessary to show you that the weather here sucks.


Part of what I get to see when I walk to school every day! So beautiful. 


Here in Angers, they have free bike rentals and this is a picture inside the bike shop. I really wanted a bike so that if I'm ever bored in my room I can go out and explore the city on a bike. Even though I haven't ridden a bike in probably 4 years, I decided to give it a shot. Let me tell you, riding in the streets surrounded by cars is pretty scary and I realized at one point that I am one of those really annoying bikers that rides in the middle of the street. But I'm in France, so I was okay with it. 


My train ticket to Paris! 

"Nobody can discover the world for somebody else. Only when we discover it for ourselves does it become a common ground and a common bond and we cease to be alone." - Wendell Berry 


xo, 
Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment