Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Products I Love



On top of my traveling and class time here in France, I have also been thoroughly enjoying the French beauty products. As of lately, my skin has been very good to me and I'm likin' it. I'm not sure if it's this fresh French air I've been breathing or that I've been using the infamous and well-loved Bioderma Créaline H20, which  I will be going into more detail later in this post. Whatever it is, I'm definitely not complaining!



Bioderma Créaline H20: First up on my list because its currently my favorite beauty product I own. And that's saying a lot. I'm pretty sure two days after I arrived in France I made it a priority to go to a pharmacie and pick up a bottle of this magic, and for only about 8 euros! I've now been using it every night for the past two weeks after I get out of the shower at night to take off the rest of my makeup and wipe off any excess dirt that is on my face. This is better than any makeup remover I have ever tried as it smells of nothing and a small amount on a cotton round leaves my face feeling fresh, moisturized, and clean. I'm also a victim of the occasional huge zit at least once a week syndrom, and ever since I've started using this, my face has been practically blemish free. I would highly recommend this for everyone, especially people with sensitive skin like myself!

Clinique Super City Block SPF 40: As I've gotten older, I've made it a point to wear a moisturizer with an SPF of at least 30 everyday, no matter the weather. When my bottle of oil-free Olay moisturizer ran out about a month ago, I was on the search for a moisturizing product that would also protect my skin from sun damage. I came across the Super City Block at Sephora for only $21 and had read good reviews about it, so I decided to give it a shot. I've found that it's a great product because, while it is mostly a skin protecting moisturizer, it also has a light tint to it so it evens out the skin tone and gets rid of any redness. I've found it to be perfect for early mornings or for days when all I want to wear is a bit of concealer. It is also oil-free, which is definitely a winner in my book.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation: Another huge perk of being in France is the fact that they have Bourjois makeup. I've heard so many great things about this brand, especially about this foundation, but could never get my hands on it in the US! I have the color 52 Vanilla, which I believe is the lightest shade. The formula is light and a bit runny when pumped onto my hand, which is great for me as I love a lighter coverage foundation. A little bit goes a long way with this one as well, and it's perfect for blending in with your fingers to achieve a dewy and natural finish. It also smells amazing which is a plus!

Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer: Very much like the foundation, this concealer blends well, smells amazing, and has an easy applicator brush perfect for applying to under-eye circles and also blemishes. I pop this under my eyes in the mornings, around my nose, and around anywhere else I see fit. My morning skin products routine has been this and the Super City Block, and I'm good to go.




No comments:

Post a Comment