Monday, July 1, 2013

French Market


 I would still consider myself far from being a French cuisine connoisseur, yet at least I can say I've had my fair share of cheese, fruit and bread to be able to distinguish the good from the bad. The markets here in France are definitely where you can find the good of anything. Although it's crowded and causes me some anxiety from my lack of the French language, my last Saturday market experience was a success. 

It's amazing to see all that I've learned in the past 6 weeks. When I came here, I knew so little French words that my main source of conversation was hand gestures. Now, I can easily go to the market and get the things that I want... as soon as I'm about to leave!


Flowers at the market. I wish I had these at home! 

Anyways, even in my last few days here I'm still on my try a bunch of new cheeses adventure, so at the market I bought two different kinds of fresh cheeses (not sure of the names, unfortunately), some prunes, some cherries, a bottle of Sauvignon, and baguette just out of the oven from a nearby bakery. There may be nothing as perfect as a freshly baked baguette, perfectly crusty on the outside and moist and fluffy on the inside.





Also at the market, I grabbed a crepe at a crepe trailer that is always at the market. It's so delicious and cheap - I got a jam crepe for 1 euro 50! 


Then I went home and had myself a little French feast, of course. Bon Appétit! 

xo,
Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment