Monday, February 24, 2014

NARS Matte Lip Pencil in Damned




My interest (and growing obsession) of the NARS Matte Lip Pencils began when reading Anna from Viviannadoesmakeup's blog posts about them. She was constantly mentioning Cruella in particular - the perfect red for a classic red lip. Then, a miracle happened. After dreaming about the next chance to go to Sephora and pick one up, I remembered that my sister got me a red NARS lip pencil about a year ago and that I had it stashed somewhere in a drawer. I scrambled for it, and to my greatest surprise, it was Cruella. After wearing it a lot over the holidays, I fell in love with the velvety texture, the rich color payoff, and most of all, the long lasting finish. I'm talking incredibly long lasting.

It was only a matter of time before I was itching to get my paws on another color. Now, I've officially decided that dark lips are my thing. Every time I'm picking out a lip color, I'm always drawn to dark reds/purples. I picked up the shade Damned, a slightly reddish wine shade. I think it's easy to wear, compliments my complexion, and fits in perfectly with my usual attire of black clothing and dark nails.

Who knows, maybe my next NARS purchase will be a more spring-time shade. But, in the meantime, I'm sticking to my #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment