Friday, August 1, 2014

NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Carthage // The Product





Before I met the amazingness that is NARS lipsticks, you would never catch me wearing a matte lip. Most formulas are chalky, dry out the lips, and somehow get all over my mouth and stain my hands without the help of my usually shaky application (Bioderma and a Q-tip required). I used to hate pink on my lips as well - that is, until I met this beauty: the NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Carthage. Basically, a great formula and amazing color in possibly the sleekest black cylinder you've ever seen.

Upon application, the bullet goes on creamy and easily. With most matte lipsticks, I like to apply a lip balm lightly before to get rid of any of that inevitable flakiness. As for the rest of the face? I like to keep it simple with some concealer, bronzer and maybe a little highlighter. Because the lip is so bold, I like to pair it with a simple base makeup and nothing on the eyelids (maybe some gold cream shadow), and some mascara.

Now, I must admit that I do prefer the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils in terms of the formula and ease of application, as they are a  little more long lasting and silky. However, if you're looking for a good, long lasting matte lip that doesn't take too much touching up, look no further.

NARS, you've done it to me again.

P.S - It seriously can't be August already. Who's ready for a favorites?

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge fan of matte lipsticks but this looks gorgeous! The colours looks fab on you too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of most mattes either, but you should definitely try some from NARS. They're the best in my opinion! xx :)

      Delete
  2. Hey :) What's your cheek product? Looking natural pinkiy ^.^ Thanks!

    ReplyDelete