Friday, August 8, 2014

To Bronze Or Not To Bronze?



It seems to me like a lot of girls are afraid of bronzer, and I don't blame them. Let's admit it - some girls have given the stuff a pretty bad rap. From overly contoured cheekbones to sparkly orange faces, it's no surprise that bronzer can definitely be overused in the wrong way. However, when used correctly, bronzer works wonders. Which leads me to the point of this post: to bronze or not to bronze?

I've always and will probably forever be a bronzer girl. I'm not talking Kim Kardashian, over the top bronzer, but just something that adds a bit of color. It transforms my usually pale face and gives it a more sunkissed, lively glow.

What I like to do is take a big, fluffy brush, something like the Real Techniques Powder Brush, swirl it around, tap off some of the excess product, and then lightly apply it. So where to put it? The main areas to apply are the hollow parts of your cheeks, up around your temple, and finally a bit on the jawline. I'm pretty messy and quick about it, honestly - no need to be precise.

As for what kinds of bronzers to get? I like to stick to the matte stuff, for the most part. A little bit of shimmer doesn't hurt, but for me, I definitely like to keep it at a minimum. In terms of slightly shimmery bronzers, I like the Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Light, and of course NARS Laguna (the one in the pic is the Laguna/Orgasm duo). As for the mattes, my favorite is MAC Matte Bronze, and the Sleek Face Form in Light.

So ladies, don't be afraid of bronzer. I say if you're in need of a little color, bronze away baby. Just make sure you're not overdoing it, and stay away from the orange stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment