Sunday, February 23, 2014

The 1 Eyeshadow Smokey Eye




Sometimes, a girl just can't fuss with the time and the skill it takes to create a good lookin' smokey eye. It requires a precise hand, clean brushes, and lots and lots of blending. Most of the time, my "day to night" makeup transformation happens in my car, where I'm using a hand mirror and a small amount of light in order to get ready to quickly rush to my friend's house after work. I've found that this MAC eyeshadow in Club is my best friend on these nights because it's a one-swipe wonder that looks like I've put on multiple shadows.

If you pay close attention, you can see that my Club has had a little bit of a rough life. It was a birthday gift from my sister who sent it in the mail from Chicago, and when it arrived it had been crumbled. Luckily, with the help of a bit of rubbing alcohol and a paper towel, I rescued this little baby. And boy, am I glad I did.

At first glance of it in the pan, it looks like a dark brownish purple, but then a quick movement of your head and you notice that a beautiful blue iridescent shimmer coats the outside. The best part - all it takes is a clean MAC 217 brush and a good blend and I've got myself the easiest smokey eye on the planet. When blended out on the lid, it creates an almost rich cranberry color, perfect for a dark lip accompaniment. On the lips, I decided that a good combination of a thin coat of Revlon's Va Va Violet Lipstick and a thin coat of Revlon's Black Cherry Lipstick dabbed over it would be a good match.


On a side note, I'm so excited at the fact that I finally got my Canon T3i Rebel in the mail after a good month of waiting! Cheers to happily saying goodbye to my old camera and hello to a world of in focus pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment