Friday, October 3, 2014

My Birthday Makeup + Pictorial





Whenever it's time for my birthday, I get excited not only to celebrate it, but also because I get to go all out on my makeup. Since I stick to pretty minimal makeup on a day to day basis, my birthday is the time I whip out all the products I could possibly want to wear on my face, glitter obviously included.

I gave myself plenty of time to do my makeup 1) because it's my favorite part of getting ready 2) because I want to be able to take my time and not feel rushed and 3) because I never know if I'm going to hate the results meaning I have to re-do my entire face.

My birthday was Tuesday of this past week (hence the no post on Monday, sorry guys #toobusypartying), and since I already celebrated last weekend I thought it'd be nice to share how I did my makeup and also include a pictorial (picture + tutorial... clever huh?). I've gathered up the products I wore that night and also included a kind of tutorial-ish step by step process in case any of y'all are in need of some birthday makeup inspiration.



I started off with a clean and moisturized face and decided to go with the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. This is one of my favorite foundations and doesn't have flash-back for pictures, so naturally I had to wear it on my bday. It has got a pretty light coverage, a dewy finish, and smells soooo good like fruits which sound weird but it's actually amazing. 


I used the Real Techniques Buffing Brush to buff on a dime-sized amount of the foundation really good into my skin.


I used a combination of two concealers - the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in Soft Beige for under my eyes, and the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer for the rest of my face. 


Blend.


I then used the YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch Pen to highlight the parts of my face where the light would naturally shine on it - the cheek bone, along my nose, and on my cupids bow. 


Do I look like I have jaundice?



Then the Hourglass Brow Sculpting Pen, as usual...


...and my E.L.F Clear Brow Gel. Brows done!



For the eyes, I first primed my eyelids using MAC Paint Pot in Painterly, and then used one of the most beautiful eyeshadows, the NARS Dual Intensity Eyeshadow in Dione. The color is really interesting and unique to me - it's kind of a silver, taupe-y brown color that looks a bit different depending on the lighting. It can be used wet or dry and and since I was going for a more dramatic and pigmented shinier look, I wet a flat eyeshadow brush with some rose water and then packed the shadow onto my eyelids. 


For a little more somethin somethin, I decided to line my lower lash-line with the MAC Eye Khol in Powersurge. It's a beautiful copper-brown eyeliner that I like to use on my lower lashline to darken a look without being as harsh as a black eyeliner. I tight-lined my upper lash line with a black liner, the Wet n' Wild Color Icon Eye Pencil in Black.


Next I applied the Makeup Forever Smoky Lash mascara and contoured my cheeks using a fluffy brush and NARS Laguna, which I always like to use on special occasions. 


To finish off my look, I used the Clinique Chubby Color Stick For Cheeks, added a couple of individual lashes to the end, put the Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain on my lips, and then added some of the E.L.F. Glitter Eyeliner along my lash-line because birthdays. 

The full list of products I used: 

Real Techniques Buffing Brush 
Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 15
Touche Eclat Radiant Touch Pen in 2.5
Hourglass Brow Scultping Pen in Soft Brunette
E.L.F Clear Brow Gel
MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
NARS Dual Intensity Eyeshadow in Dione
MAC Eye Khol in Powersurge
Wet n' Wild Color Icon Eye Pencil in Black
Makeup Forever Smoky Lash Mascara
NARS Bronzer in Laguna
Clinique Chubby Stick for Cheeks in Rhobust Rhubarb
Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain in New York Scene

No comments:

Post a Comment