Friday, September 26, 2014

KIEHL'S Mini-Haul





My love affair with KIEHL'S started this past summer, when British beauty blogger Anna from Viviannadoesmakeup raved on about their Super Fluid UV Defense Sunscreen (check out my previous review of that here!). Since I was on the hunt for a non-greasy and lightweight sunscreen, and I know Anna's opinion is trustworthy, I made a trip to the KIEHL'S counter and picked up that bad boy. The woman at the counter also gave me a little sample of the Ultra Facial Cleanser to try out.

Although I was already fully equipped in the face-washing department, or so I thought, I gave the cleanser a try. I quickly learned that you only need a small, pea-sized amount of the product and a bit of warm water to get a good lather all over your face. The pearlescent formula smells super clean - almost of nothing, but in a good way. It's nice because it's not overwhelming and feels super gentle, perfect for those who have sensitive skin. It leaves your skin feeling soft and clean, but not like you just stripped all the oil off your face. I liked it so much that I used up the sample and decided it was worth it to invest in a full-sized bottle.

And since I obviously had to qualify for free shipping, I also threw in the Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado. The skin around my eye area is really sensitive, especially with the changing weather, and although I apply eye cream daily, I didn't have anything really heavy or rich enough to adquately moisturize. This one claims to be a KIEHL'S "customer favorite" and I love avocado... so I figured this was right up my street. It's an incredibly rich and creamy formula that takes a little bit to rub it in, and unsurprisingly, the results are amazing. My under eye area felt really moisturized, and I could still feel the product on my face in the morning. I'm just hoping I won't like this too much, 'cuz that price tag won't fit in my budget for too long...

No comments:

Post a Comment