Monday, September 22, 2014

Benefit They're Real! Push-Up Liner // Worth the Hype?






Follow me on Instagram! kbbeautyx

One of the most difficult things you could possibly try to do makeup-wise is apply a nice looking, somewhat symmetrical cat-eye and the signature flick. While it may seem like a fairly simple task, there is actually a lot that goes in to the job, including finding the right product and getting down your technique.

I've always been a gel-eyeliner wearer because in my opinion it's longer lasting and easier to apply compared to a liquid liner pen. I've always used gel liner pots paired with an angled liner brush to apply, which seemed easiest to me at the time, but now whenever I try it it seems I never end up liking the finished result. The line ends up too thick, not clean, and I somehow manage to get black gel on lotsa places besides my eyelid.

After hearing all the hype about the Benefit They're Real! Push-Up Liner and how amazing it was supposed to be, I couldn't help but pick it up at Sephora to test it out. It's got a unique applicator that's supposed to hug your eyelid, making the gel-liner smoothly glide a winged line - super steady hand unnecessary.

So is it worth the hype? The first time I applied it, I messed up pretty badly and ended up with a line (pretty straight I may add) of eyeliner a good ways above my lash line. I found out it was super long-lasting when I tried taking it off with some Bioderma and it wouldn't budge - meaning I think it's time  for me to invest in some eye-makeup remover. Since I'm not the most patient or steady handed eyeliner applier, I would say this still takes quite a bit of skill and practice, so don't go into it thinking you'll get a perfect line right off the bat. I find that it's lot easier compared to other eyeliners though, especially liquid pens.

And for a lil' bit of cat-eye inspiration, check out this video by Lisa Eldridge featuring professional cat-eye queen herself, Alexa Chung. She shows how she personally applies her eyeliner, which is pretty flawlessly done (mini fangirl moment for both Lisa and Alexa btw).

No comments:

Post a Comment