Friday, September 19, 2014

5 Products Under $10 That Are Actually Worth Your Money


As a self-proclaimed makeup hoarder, seeing a product with an inexpensive price tag sends internal shouts of joy and then makes its way into my shopping basket, all reasonable shopping mentally flung out the door. Do I really need this sparkly eyeliner just because it's $1? Probably not, but it's only $1 and it's sparkly eyeliner, so yes.

However, sometimes my impulse makeup buying leads me to unexpected discoveries that actually save me money in the long-run. The rare, inexpensive, great product does, in fact, exist.

I've gathered together a couple of these under $5 products that I consistently use and would gladly recommend to others, taken from different categories:

Body

St. Ive's Naturally Indulgent Coconut Milk & Orchid Extract Lotion - I would definitely consider myself someone who doesn't necessarily like lotion. If I'm in desperate need of some moisturization, I give in, but otherwise the idea of slapping on a layer of lotion all over my body makes me feel gross, oily, and like I want to immediately wipe it all off. However, this stuff isn't too thick, so it soaks in really nicely and still gives a good amount of moisture without leaving me oily.

Brows

E.L.F. Wet Gloss Brow & Lash Clear Mascara - Out of all my recommendations, this one has got to be my favorite. You know how a lot of cheap clear mascaras don't actually succeed in holding your eyebrows in place? Not this one. The formula of this is surprisingly strong, to the point where if you accidentally sweep too much through the brow, you'll end up with some pretty crusty brows. To avoid this, I take most of the product off on the back of my hand, and I don't have to feel bad about it because of its extremely low price tag of $1.

Nails 

L'Oreal Colour Riche Nail Color - This range is my favorite drugstore nail polish by a long-shot, as it's long-lasting, doesn't chip easily, has a nice, glossy finish, and with its impressive color range, there's sure to be a color to fill the gap in anyone's polish collection. *From left to right, the colors are Doutzen's Nude, Spice Things Up, Haute Couture Red, After Hours

Lips

Rosebud Salve - I put this under the lips category because that's primarily what I use it for, but it actually has lots of other uses - some of which I've just recently discovered. I carry a tub of this everywhere and even had to go out and buy a second one to keep in a separate bag to ensure that it's never out of reach. I've found that I love putting this on my cheekbones as a more natural looking highlighter, and it also keeps my skin dewy without looking oily. It's also great for dry cuticles, adding on top of a shimmery eyeshadow for a dramatic wet eyeshadow look, and for any other chapped skin issues you may have.

Face

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - I'm sure you're sick of hearing me talk about this by now, but it really is great stuff. Although I'm not much of a powder kinda girl, sometimes I need a bit of powder for my oilier t-zone area. It's a light, fine powder that never cakes and successfully keeps oil at bay.








No comments:

Post a Comment