Monday, October 6, 2014

September Favorites



So... I haven't done a favorites post since July (IT'S REALLY BEEN THAT LONG???) and this is mostly only because I wasn't buying anything new or trying anything that was good enough to be able to compile a decent favorites post. That is, until September aka spoil myself month came along. It's okay to dedicate an entire month to buying yourself things right?

Well I did, but I'm also very happy because now I have a list of some pretty great things I got to try out and share with you great people.


Here's the list:

KIEHL'S Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado - If you missed my previous post, I reviewed this baby here. It's perfect for when your eye area is in need of some serious moisturization, especially as the cold begins to take over.

Clinique Moisture Surge Intense - If you're looking for a hydrating, rich (but not oily) nighttime face lotion, look no further. When it comes to face moisturizers, I tend to lean towards Clinique products because they're affordable and gentle on skin. This really sinks in and makes my skin feel rejuvenated in the morning.

Meyers Clean Day Candles - Okay, where have these been all my life? A good friend has been using their cleaning products for a while, and I just recently picked up the Basil scented all-purpose cleaner... and that's where all this love started. When I found out these candles existed, I had to buy them especially because they were only $6 each at Target. They're amazing and made of soy and mostly naturally derived products, so although they're small, they burn forever and smell so fresh and so clean (am I Outkast?). I got the Basil and Lavender scent, with the Lavender being my favorite.

Clinique Chubby Stick Cheek Colour Balm in Robust Rhubarb - See my recent review on this here. I've used this every day since I purchased it in early September, and it's the perfect, creamy color for my cheeks. It blends easily and the packaging is perfect for on the go blush applying.

Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes in Lots O' Latte - Cute name, great color. You can never have too many brown creamy eye shadows right? This is creamy, long-lasting, and beautiful. It's a great everyday eyeshadow because it has build-able color, so you can put less on for day to day and build it up at night time.

Aquaphor Healing Ointment - I had to purchase this because I've been suffering from some pretty gross eye eczema and the doctor told me to pick this up. I apply it on the dry eczema-y parts of my face, but I've also discovered the many other uses of this. This is great as a night time lip balm, and I've also been liking the slightly shiny and dewy look this gives me when I dab a bit on my eyelids.

Essie Grow Stronger Base Coat - I thought it was time to finally invest in some good base and top coat polish, so I went with Essie. The strengthening base coat really preps the nail for your nail polish and makes the polish go on smoother. It's also been keeping my polish on longer and strengthening my nails - which I really, really need.

Essie Good To Go Quick Dry Top Coat - If I was going to get the base coat, I needed to get the top coat to match, obviously. This does just what is says in the title - dries my nail polish quickly, seals everything in, and makes my nails go a couple days longer without massive chips.

Birthday cards - I think I've gotten to the age where presents no longer mean that much to me and I'd rather just have someone send me a really sweet card. I really am turning into my mom....




No comments:

Post a Comment