Monday, March 3, 2014

My Favorite Perfumes



Out of all things beauty, I have to admit that I don't get too excited when it comes to the perfume department. Maybe it's that I'm usually not willing to devote a pretty big chunk of change to a bottle, so when I do, I've most likely been planning that purchase for a while. So what makes a perfume worth your dollar? Lots, and lots of testing and Google searching, of course. This is when those ladies at the perfume counter at the mall and the small jar of coffee beans actually comes in handy.

My first perfume love was Marc Jacobs Daisy, a definite cult favorite among beauty lovers and for good reason. This bottle has lasted me a good 3 years (with some careful conservation) and I'd say if I could choose one scent that describes me, it'd be this one. I love floral scents, and just as the name implies, this perfume has notes of strawberry, grapefruit and violet, creating a perfect combination of floral, feminine, and musky. Plus, can we all just take a second to recognize the beauty that is this bottle?

Then there's my most recent purchase (and first Jo Malone purchase!) of one of their colognes in Peony & Blush Suede. Again, a floral scent that had me at first sniff. This was one of their newer scents that I purchased a bit before Christmas, and had a lovely display that gave me a little preview of Spring. This scent is seductive and girly, with hints of apple, jasmine and rose.

Next on the list is more of a souvenir than a perfume for me, as it holds a bit of sentimental value. While studying abroad in France this summer, on one of my daily trips to a pharmacy, I came across this Roger & Gallet perfume in Fleur de Figuier. I blame this perfume for starting my obsession with all things fig, and also my desire to go back to France. Unfortunately I believe Roger & Gallet have stopped their US online store, but with a bit of searching I found that you can buy a wide range of their products on feelunique.com.

Finally, the beautiful bottle you see on the left is a gorgeous perfume by Lollia in No. 19 Breathe, and I was lucky enough to receive it as a gift from a friend. As the bottle implies, this perfume is floral, light and refreshing- perfect for days when I want to smell good but not make it too noticeable that I'm trying to smell good. It's my "your lips but better" - perfume version.

This post has left me itching for my next perfume purchase, and maybe this time I'll stay away from the floral scents... Any suggestions?



No comments:

Post a Comment