Friday, April 18, 2014

The Ultimate Multi-Tasker


It's pretty rare for a product to be so versatile that it can pretty much be used anywhere. As far as makeup products go, lip and cheek creams are about as far as it gets with a product being used for more than one thing, and even those tend to weird me out a bit. That's why when something as magical as Elizabeth Arden's 8-Hour Cream exists, it's something that really needs to be celebrated.

For one - this is actually not a cream, but more of an ointment. It comes out looking more like an orange-toned Neosporin than a lotion. It also comes in the original citronella scent and an unscented version, which many prefer. I actually love the citronella scent (ask to smell before you buy, many people don't like it).

I think my #1 favorite way to use this is as a lip treatment. When my lips are feeling extra dry and flaky, I apply a dab of this at night, and when I wake up, they feel healed and waaaaay softer. And when I wake up, some of the product is still securely on my lips (it is 8 hour cream, after all).

But it doesn't stop there. I also put this on my cuticles, dry elbows, and pretty much any other place where I'm suffering from dry skin. Basically, if you have some sort of skin problem, 8-hour cream it up.

Surprisingly, and maybe the most interesting way you can also use this, is as a brow shaper. Put a little on a spoolie and brush up your brows for a long-lasting and shiny Mary-Kate and Ashley-esque brow.


No comments:

Post a Comment