Monday, April 28, 2014

Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow in Skinlights




Cream eyeshadows hold a special place in my heart. The Maybelline Color Tattoos were the first to take away my cream eyeshadow virginity (ew?) and are definitely still my favorite out there, but I'm still on the lookout for  new ones to try out, just in case I find one that will somehow (though unlikely) move into the #1 spot.

These days I prefer cream eyeshadows because they provide a fresh glow to the face that powder just can't accomplish. They're perfect for that kind of "I sloppily did my makeup but still look good" look, if ya know what I mean. 

So while doing my usual peruse down the beauty aisles at the grocery store - I can't stop - the Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadows caught my eye. This product is actually a rediscovery/throwback for me, because I'm pretty sure this was one of the first makeup products I ever owned, and also never used because I didn't know how. So, I decided to give it a good ol' re-test. 

I picked up the palette named Skinlights, which is an arrangement of 4 neutral slightly shimmery shades: a brown, vanilla, a pink, and a pretty flesh toned brown. Being the neutral gal I am, I thought these were perfect for everyday wear. I think the packaging is particularly pretty, although I love Revlon's packing in general, and think it looks really high-end (even though it cost me $4.99).

In terms of the formula, they go on really smooth and creamy and look nice on the lid. The only downside is that they creased on my eyelid pretty quickly (thanks to my somewhat oily lids!), but that's nothing a little eyeshadow primer couldn't fix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment