Thursday, May 8, 2014

April Favorites


Although I'm a bit late in the month, I'm finally getting a moment to rally up an April favorites amidst the chaos that is the end of the semester. Good news is that it's all over, and that means more time to post. I'm hoping I'll be able to up my posts to every week day, so we'll see 'bout that. Although I didn't get too many chances to shop this past month, I managed to pick up and rediscover a couple of things that have found their way to the tops of my drawers. 

Maybelline Rocket Volume Express Mascara - I actually bought this mascara a couple of months ago and have been using it pretty regularly ever since, but this month I actually realized how much I liked it. I thought it was pretty okay at first, but still kept reaching for it regardless. Then I bought a new tube of the Loreal Telescopic Mascara because I thought I needed it back in my life, but when I put that on one day instead, I was a bit disappointed about how my eyelashes looked. I think this one gives my eyelashes more volume AND length - the only downside is it is a bit on the clumpy side, and ya gotta be really careful that you don't get a shitload of it on your eyelid with the wider brush. 

Rimmel Natural Bronzer in 021 Sun Light - This bronzer claims that it's waterproof - possibly a little far-fetched, but it can't really hurt in the end. To me, this seems to be a pretty close dupe to MAC Matte Bronze. It has a very similar finish, with the exception that this one is slightly shimmery. 

Kiehl's Super Fluid UV Defense SPF 50 - I decided it was time to splurge on a nice daily sunscreen that wouldn't make me feel greasy and like I was going to constantly break out. A girl deserves at least that, right? I had been using the Neutrogena one that was featured in my May favorites, and although I liked that, it is just no comparison to this bottle of goodness. This comes out really liquidy unlike your typical sunscreen moisturizer and goes on to feeling like an almost powder finish because it's that sheer. It literally feels like you just applied nothing to your skin, so it's the perfect base for under my makeup. 

YSL Rouge Volupté Shine #16 - As I was perusing the department store admiring the makeup counters, a man at YSL was picking out a couple of colors of lipstick for me in this formula. It's creamy but pigmented, which is perfect for when you don't want to constantly touch up (my life). At the counter, I was searching for something a little more summery and unlike myself, and although I almost walked out with another dark berry color, I ended up getting this one. It looks waaaaay orange in the tube, but on my lips, it comes out a little more pink - almost coral. Also, this packing though... 

Clinique All About Eyes Eye Cream - I began using this as my nightly eye cream about a month ago, and I've got to say that it has grown on me since the first time I used it. I didn't like the gel-like texture initially, but I found that it's super hydrating to the point where I can still feel it on my skin in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment