Friday, May 30, 2014

Recent LUSH Grabs


For a while, LUSH was one of those beauty stores that I would longingly look at from the outside, but never really went inside unless I was buying bath bombs for friends during Christmastime. I never gave their skincare products a glance until I recently went in to look at their face masks. Their masks in particular appealed to me because they're made by an actual person with all natural ingredients, meaning you know how to pronounce the ingredients and know what you're putting on your skin. And when it comes to face masks, the less ingredients and chemicals, the less my sensitive skin will be prone to breakouts. 

I ended up purchasing the mask Love Lettuce, which is intended for normal to oily skin and contains crushed almond shells and lavender oil (which smells amazing, btw). A layer of this green-toned goop goes on for 10 minutes, and after it's washed off with warm water, your skin will be feelin' soft as ever. The only downside is that because of the natural ingredients, it needs to be constantly refrigerated and only has a 3 week shelf life. Boo. 

I also managed to leave the store with a couple more unintended purchases, but there are no regrets here. I picked up the Tea Tree Water, a facial toner that contains grapefruit, antibacterial tea tree, and juniper to combat acne prone skin - yes please. Now, my skin has been treating me good lately, and I think it may be thanks to this stuff. Ever since I began using this about 2 weeks ago, my spots have seemingly disappeared. 

Finally, I grabbed a pot of their notorious Lip Scrub in Mint Julips, and this stuff just works. A little bit goes a long way, and the best part is that it's made of sugar and other good stuff that you can eat, meaning you can lick it off after you do your thing (I'm not advocating you eat the whole tub, although it could probably be done...). 

No comments:

Post a Comment