Friday, May 23, 2014

Taking A Stab At An Orange Lip





There's something about me and bright lipstick colors that just don't get along. It's sad because whenever I see someone rockin' something in the pink or purple range, my envy is a 10/10. They just make my complexion seem washed out, which is why you'll most likely find (too many) berry-toned lip products swimming around in my bag.

HOWEVER... I have finally found a couple of orange lipsticks that I can get along with - and actually like. At a trip to the YSL counter a couple of weeks ago,  a nice man at the counter was helping me pick out a couple of shades. He reached for the Rouge Volupté Shine in #16, and my first reaction was something along the lines of "I don't do orange." He insisted that he put it on me so I can see how it looks, and I reluctantly agreed. To my surprise, the color wasn't too orange when dabbed along my lips and actually came out a bit more on the coral-toned side. In the end, I decided that I needed this among my collection of dark lipsticks. This is also the first time I've tried the formula of these particular lipsticks, which I learned is a formula in between YSL's Rouge Volupté and Volupté Sheer Candy formulas for people who like the pigmentation of the Rouge Volupté, but desire the hydrating finish of the Sheer Candy. These are incredibly easy to wear and don't require a mirror to touch up, which is right up my alley.

My other go-to orange lip color is one of the Revlon Lip Butters in Tutti Frutti - and besides the adorable name, this lipstick is awesome. The lip butters are downright perfect for daily wear because of the pop of color and lip-balmy feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment