Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Lemon-Raspberry Cake





Today I'm taking another break from beauty and throwing in a baking post (shocking, I know). I wouldn't necessarily call myself a baker, but I have a certain affinity for it and get the urge to cook something up every once in a while. It's a rarity that I bake a cake from scratch, unless it's for someone's birthday or for a special occasion, but I saw this recipe on Pinterest that looked too delicious to pass up. I had a lunch date with the girls in my family and my grandma was coming over, so I thought it was the perfect excuse to do some baking. It's a fluffy and moist lemon cake, tweaked a little bit so that layers of raspberry filling alternate with layers of cake. The frosting is my favorite part, obviously - a buttercream raspberry icing that perfectly balances the bold lemon flavor. The only downside is that you need to devote a good chunk of time to making this cake (buying boxed lemon cake may be a good time saver), but if ya got a couple hours and a bit of patience, it'll definitely be worth your while. Although my cake doesn't look exactly like the pictures from Pinterest (note the differing sizes of my cake layers... oops), it was still pretty darn good.

Recipe courtesy of Naturally Ella.

No comments:

Post a Comment