Monday, June 2, 2014

May Beauty Favorites


Sure, saying goodbye to May in Texas means letting go of Spring and her perfect 75 degree weather and coming to terms with the fact that I can't wear jeans for the next 5 months, but that also calls for late, warm nights and plenty of margaritas 'cause it's summatime in the city. The things I've been loving this month embody a collection of new discoveries and some old favorites that have managed to climb out of the back of my cabinets and back into my daily routine.

The first of the bunch is the KIEHL's Ultra Facial Cleanser, which was a sample I was given when I purchased the Ultra Defense Sunscreen, as if you haven't heard me talking about that enough. I've been alternating this with my usual exfoliating scrub at nights, and I'm loving the results. A little bit goes a long way so a pearl sized amount of the iridescent goodness will do the trick.

Next up is more of a re-try product for me - the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum. When I first purchased this, I was having a not so good time with my skin, and I felt that when I used this it was actually causing me to break out. After not using it for a good 4 months or so, I decided to give it another go and this time it's like I'm using a different product all together because it leaves my skin feeling hydrated and dewy after a good 8 hour sleep.

I mentioned how great the LUSH Tea Tree Toner is in my previous post, but for a bit of reiteration - I was very pleasantly surprised by this product as I believe this is the reason my skin has kept (mostly) breakout free.

Yes, yes - after a time of ranting on and on about the Maybelline The Rocket Mascara, I'm back to the Loreal Telescopic Mascara. This time is in the shade Carbon Black, which also seems to have a chic repackaging.

Probably my very favorite thing I purchased this month is the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion which is seriously amazing. I can easily say this is better than any other acne treatment I've tried, as it does just what the name implies - dries out spots overnight.

And for quite a fun one: Sun In. Hello, 1999. I got the urge to try out this stuff again post pigtails and rainbow hairpieces after my little cousins had obvious color change in their hair they claim was from this stuff. And, quite surprisingly, it works. I spritz it all over my damp hair before I know I may have a day in the sun, although it claims it can lighten your hair with the use of a hair-dryer. It brings out the natural highlights in the hair but don't expect any drastic color change here.

No comments:

Post a Comment