Friday, June 6, 2014

My Most Loved Lip Products





If there's one thing you'll most likely find me buying in beauty stores, it's lip products. They're the best, easiest things to buy when you want a little something to brighten up your makeup bag, and you can use them multiple times a day unlike foundations, concealers, and blushers. This is why I carry around an embarrassingly large amount of lippies in a bag I have deemed my "lip product bag" that currently lives in my purse... 

But what are my favorites? Of course, there are some I've bought in the past that I've only touched a couple of times, whether it be because of a weird texture or a bad color. But there are a couple that manage to stay in my bag at all times in case I get the urge to reach for them - and I do, a lot.

First up are what I'm going to call the almost lipsticks, due to their sheer-tinted nature. The classic Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey (the slim silver tube on the left) is good for when I want some color but don't want to fuss over having to touch up a full on lipstick. Keeping with Clinique is their Chubby Stick in Two Ton Tomato, and I find this perfect for days I'm feelin' a red lip but can't be bothered with the time and effort that sometimes takes. Next, an all time favorite that may even deserve it's own purse pocket is the Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet. Can I possibly rant more about this stuff? Finally, the YSL Volupté Sheer Candy in 4 is a reddish pink tinted balm that is hydrating and adds a bit of color.

In terms of lip balms, my favorites include Rosebud Salve (the original rose scented one), Aquaphor Lip Repair, and the KORRES Pomegranate tinted lip balm. Honestly, if you made me choose to give up one of these, I wouldn't be able to pick. All great for their own reasons, but all hydrating, softening, and deliciously scented.

As far as lipsticks go, two of my all-time most loved lipsticks have to go to NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Damned and MAC Rebel. Both berry toned shades (are you surprised?), both long lasting and both perfect for all times of the year, in my opinion. Check, check, check.

No comments:

Post a Comment