Monday, June 23, 2014

Korean Beauty Products








During a recent trip to the Urban Outfitters sales rack, I was standing in line at the register when a couple of Korean beauty products caught my attention. It may have been the cute, colorful packaging or my natural human instinct to look at anything adorable, but regardless, I was amused. Unique jelly lip products, cream blushes, and various other creams were among them, and it literally took all I had not to buy them...

... until I went online and could't help myself but look on UO's impressive selection of Korean goodies. The first that caught my attention was the "aqua lip tint" called My Lips Eat Cherry by The Face Shop. Although I'm used to the traditional lip stain idea we have in the states, I've seen nothing like this. The formula has a water-like consistency and goes on smooth, soft and hydrating. The initial color doesn't last long, however - the product actually tints your lips but dies down to a more subtle version of the color in the tube.

I purchased a second product not because I needed another eyebrow product (that would be too reasonable) but because it looked like a pretty close, cheaper dupe of my beloved Hourglass Brow Sculpting Pencil. Wonder Drawing Pencil by Holika Holika is a waxy, angled pencil on one side and a spoolie on the other. The spoolie is great and the texture of the pencil isn't too soft, but unfortunately for me, it only came in one color and it's a tad dark. However, I can get by with a light hand and a lot of brushing. As for being an Hourglass dupe? I'm pretty convinced that nothing will ever come between us...

No comments:

Post a Comment