Monday, June 30, 2014

Healthy(ish) Chocolate Chip Cookies





I continuously tell myself that I would gladly eat nothing but lettuce for the rest of my life as long as I still get to eat chocolate. Fudge, a Hershey's bar, chocolate ice cream - you name it, I like it. Sometimes, baking and chocolate inevitably come together in my kitchen and it's a beautiful thing, especially in the form of chocolate chip cookies. For me, there may be nothin' better than a cold glass of milk and an ooey-gooey, home-made cookie.

Now, I'm not usually one to go "healthy" when it comes to baking desserts. My usual theory is that if you're going to have a dessert, you might as well do it right and make it taste delicious. I think I'll pass on the raw dark chocolate quinoa granola bite, thank you. But recently, I've discovered that sometimes, it's as easy as making a few simple substitutions to make a bit of a healthier difference without missing the bad for you stuff.

While doing my "I'm hungry" Pinterest food board perusal, I stumbled across a recipe for Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies*. The recipe basically replaces the butter and oil in a traditional cookie for coconut oil - making it healthier and waaaay more nutritious. It's also pretty easy and my cookies turned out delicious with a perfect soft on the inside crispy on the outside outcome. They do have quite a coconut-y flavor, so if you're one that doesn't like that, I'd skip out on these.

Now excuse me, time for a cookie...

*Recipe courtesy of Culinary Couture

No comments:

Post a Comment