Friday, April 4, 2014

March Favorites



March was a good month. The weather became warmer, bluebonnets shot up seemingly overnight, and I acquired a handful of great things, some beauty related and some not. And let me tell ya, some of these things have really wiggled their way into a special place in my heart.

Bath and Body Works candle in Merry Mango - This was a gift from my mom around Christmas time (hence the name), and since it's already well past Christmas, this scent fortunately reminds me of nothing about the season. It's fruity and not too overpowering, and fits well into my transition of spring scents.

Loreal TXT IT Tousle Waves Spray - After I've showered, I give my roots a nice spritz of this, which helps my hair become instant sexy bed-head (especially with the help of a diffuser!). It's nice because it doesn't leave my hair crunchy and has a unique, fresh scent.

Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil - My eyebrows have had quite the transition this month with my new handy tool. Seriously, never has using an eyebrow pencil been as easy as this one is. The formula isn't too waxy or too hard, and it's shaped in an angle making application easy and natural looking. There's also a nice spoolie on the opposite side - a necessity for any wild brow'd girl.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Red Lacquer - This is my first Revlon lipstick of this formula, and I was really pleasantly surprised by it! This one is quite sheer but build-able, and goes on feeling really hydrating. Despite it's name, it's actually a bit orange tinted and great alternative to your usual night out red lip.

Gold hoops from Forever 21 - I'm not much of a jewelry person but wanted some gold hoops, so I went online searching and found these. They're medium size so they're not too noticeable, but give me a little oomph to my outfits.

Neutrogena Healthy Defense SPF 50 Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin - Ain't that a mouthful? For me, applying SPF daily is really important, and this one doesn't feel greasy on my skin or make me oily throughout the day. It does cause a bit of a shine a few hours after application, but it's nothing a little powder can't fix.

NARS Matte Multiple in Laos - If you read my blog post about this, you already know I've been LOVING this product, and I used it probably everyday throughout March. I love the pop of rosiness it gives my cheeks, and application is a breeze. I'm now very tempted to make a Sephora trip and grab another...

Bath and Body Works Sleep Spray in Lavender - Lavender is one of my favorite scents, and for me it's like tea before bedtime. It's so calming and soothing, so before I go to sleep I'll spray this over my pillows and sheets.

Succulents - A couple of these cacti I bought from Home Depot have really helped to make my apartment a little more homey and warm.






No comments:

Post a Comment