Monday, July 28, 2014

L' Oreal Infallible Silkissime Eyeliner Pencils // The Product




In case you couldn't tell by now, I'm a sucker for creamy eye pencils. I'm the type of person that has 4 different gold cream eyeshadows (for testing purposes, of course...) and an actual drawer full of them because I wear them on a daily basis. However, I'm not usually one to pick up a new eyeliner since I don't wear eyeliner that often, but a display of the L' Oreal Infallible Silkissime Eyeliner pencils and the impressively large Fall 2014 color range caught my attention one day - is it that time already?

I really wanted all the colors and had my eye on the bright purple shade, but I decided instead to go with a couple more wearable shades: Highlighter, a light pink, slightly shimmery tone that reminds me of MAC All That Glitters in creamy eyeliner form, and Gold

Now, these eyeliners are great because they do more than just being an eyeliner. I've found that they can also be used as an eyeshadow, which my favorite way to wear these. I run the liner all over my lid, then quickly (it sets quite fast) rub it in with my index finger. And since it's meant to be an eyeliner, it has amazing staying power and lasts throughout the day. I had to get the Gold shade because I love gold eyes in the summer, but the Highlighter shade is definitely my favorite. It looks good when lined all around the eye, can be used in the inner corners for a bit of brightening, and even on the cheekbones and brow bone as a highlight. For me, it's one of the best and most useful drugstore products I've found in a while. 

The only downside is that the pencil is very soft, so you have to be really careful that you don't break it when applying. Just make sure you've got a good pencil sharpener on hand! 

No comments:

Post a Comment