Friday, July 18, 2014

Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stains




Remember when lip stains that looked like a felt-tip marker were all the rage? That was my first encounter with the (at the time) breakthrough lip product. Although they produced a pretty nice looking stain, it didn't last long, and quickly flaked off leaving my mouth looking like I had eaten a cupcake with hot pink icing with no napkin available. Not a good look. The felt tip would also constantly dry out, and made my already dry lips look even drier.

A few years later, the lip stain game really stepped up. Stains that go on as glosses and actually stay put, stains that glide on like water, stay put, and hydrate like no other - that's what I'm talkin' about. I absolutely fell in love with the Loreal Colour Riche Caress Aqua Lip Laquer, which has the longest name ever for basically being a lip stain.

Shortly after that purchase, I saw these Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stains at CVS, with it's sleek rectangular packaging accompanied by a poster of Olivia Wilde and her moisturized, stained lips staring at me. Although I'm not one for the shiny lip look and these seemed to give that effect, I picked up the berry-toned shade New York Scene.

The color actually comes off a bit more red in the pictures than in real life, but the effect is spot on. Layer it on with the soft end for a more pigmented and glossy look, or dab it on and smudge it with your fingers (my usual choice of application) for a toned down, less glossy stained effect.

If you're looking for a stain without a glossier finish, this probably isn't for you - but nonetheless, I love the color and how long-lasting it is - I'd say you get a good 3 hours wear without having to touch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment